Sidwell Friends SchoolWashington, D.C., U.S.A.
- Sidwell Friends is a K-12 private school located on a 15-acre site in historic Tenleytown, Washington, D.C.
- Completed in 2007, Sidwell Friends School renovated and expanded its fifty-year-old, 33,000 square-foot middle school building. The new facility includes an eco-friendly courtyard, a green roof, and an additional 39,000 square-feet of classroom space.
- A wastewater management system cleans 3,000 gallons of water per day. After circulating through the landscape for three to five days, the water is re-used in the building’s toilets and cooling tower.
- On-site sewage treatment, water re-use, and water-efficient native plants reduce the school’s water consumption by 93 percent.
- The middle school building is certified LEED Platinum.