The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) and its members work to design a more sustainable, livable, and beautiful world. Landscape architects create city master plans, design ecosystems, develop innovative park projects like the High Line in New York City, roll out bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, and renew residential landscapes. ASLA has more than 15,000 members in the U.S. and around the world.
ASLA seeks an education programs manager. This position is responsible for program development and management for the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System™ (LA CES), and the Annual Meeting and EXPO education session and speakers.
LA CES establishes, maintains, and enforces standards for evaluating professional development and continuing education programs for landscape architects.
The ASLA Annual Meeting and EXPO is the largest gathering of landscape architecture professionals in the world. More than 130 education sessions, field sessions, workshops, and general sessions are offered throughout the meeting.
- Provides program management for the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System (LA CES) including, communications with providers, committees, and allied professional credentialing systems.
- Develops and implements LA CES program reports, presentations, webinars, and marketing materials as directed.
- Manages the annual meeting Call for Presentation and Presenter Center websites including, collaboration with vendor, document creation, site testing, and reporting.
- Develops and coordinates speaker communications.
- Manages the annual meeting education professional development credentialing submissions (pre and post meeting) to allied organizations, including LA CES, AIA, APA, GBCI, and others.
- Facilitates travel and accommodations for speakers and committees with meetings department in preparation for the annual meeting.
- In close collaboration with the meetings department coordinates annual meeting education and field session logistics.
- Manages the education session evaluation process (pre and post meeting), collates the results, and reports suggested changes to director.
- Develops RFPs for vendor services as directed.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to produce clear written communications and have a clear and courteous telephone manner. Well organized with attention to detail. Database and project management experience desired. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications required. Heavy use of Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge of continuing education, volunteer management, and meeting planning preferred.
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in program management; knowledge of landscape architecture, architecture, engineering, design, planning, and environmental issues preferred.
- BA degree required.
- Occasional travel, evening and weekend work required.
Please send your cover letter, resume, at least one writing sample and a salary requirement (all must be included for your application to be considered).
Apply to: HR@asla.org