The American Society of Landscape Architect (ASLA)’s commitment to sustainability and stewardship of the land is reflected in the organizational culture and values and in the work environment. ASLA values are dedication, excellence, integrity, leadership, and stewardship. The ASLA culture is collaborative, member-focused, accountable, responsible, and volunteer-supported.
ASLA seeks a Web Designer and Front-End Developer responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and developing web, print and branding collateral.
- Conceptualizes, designs and develops web sites, site-lets and promotional web pages for asla.org.
- Ability to design and code from specifications; analyzes, evaluates, tests, and debugs web products.
- Has the ability and track-record for designing and developing mobile first and responsive websites.
- Works closely with team members in maintaining interactive standards for design and usability for asla.org.
- Coordinates posting of web content with senior communications manager, ASLA staff, and other sources.
- Creates and contributes to documentation (content/site maps, wireframes, functional design specifications)
- Develops recommendations for improving site usability and developing online brand.
- Serves as a liaison with web development firm.
- Uses advanced knowledge of typography, layout, illustration, and other graphic design skills to develop a range of briefs, pamphlets, buttons, and other collateral materials in support of the Society and specific initiatives.
- Works with internal business units on the design and development of print collateral that reflects the ASLA brand.
- Coordinates with outside vendors for all print production.
- Maintains the ASLA brand as it refers to specific campaigns, print collateral, and websites.
- Creates and maintains visual identities, including logos for specific business units and campaigns.
Experience with major content management systems, including Wordpress. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, good judgment, and attention to detail. Ability to balance heavy workload with short- and long-term project deadlines, adapts to changing priorities, and works well under pressure. Seeking a self motivated-person with the ability to work without supervision of internal web team.
Experience: Three years experience in website design and development, graphic design and branding.
Please send cover letter, resume, minimum salary requirement (a must), and web design samples to: HRadmin@asla.org
The work environment is a four-story building currently undergoing a major interior renovation scheduled for completion in 2016; the redesigned building will be LEED Platinum and WELL Building certified. The ASLA building is Energy Star certified and uses 100 percent renewable wind energy. The building is located one-and-a-half blocks from the Gallery Place-Chinatown Metro Station serving the Red, Yellow, and Green Lines.
ASLA is recognized as a Best Workplace for Commuters and as one of the Washington region’s Healthiest Employers.