NE Siskiyou Green StreetPortland, Oregon, U.S.A.
- The NE Siskiyou Green Street curb extensions include a series of mini-dams.
- Water cascades from one “cell” to another within the dams until the curb extensions reach storage capacity.
- The Green Street can manage 225,000 gallons of stormwater runoff per year.
- The curb extensions converted 590 square feet of pavement into green landscape.
- Similar green streets can be built for under $20,000.
- Seattle Green Living Expo 2006 was hosted by High Point.