The International Practice PPN promotes the practice of landscape architecture abroad as an instrument of public and professional services through the following objectives:
- conducting periodic surveys of PPN members to determine the scope and quantity of landscape architectural practice abroad;
- developing seminars and education sessions dealing with international practice for the ASLA Annual Meeting and other conferences;
- establishing connections with organizations concerned with global environmental issues;
- promoting ASLA membership and professional organizational development worldwide;
- promoting the profession among international groups.