Healthcare and Therapeutic Design
Promote the concept of therapeutic gardens to administrators, healthcare professionals, and other key-decision makers who are influential in determining the creation of this alternative form of therapy. Collect, compile, and advance state-of-the-art information and research in the specialized practice areas of therapeutic garden design.
- Recommend ways to communicate the interests of PPN members through seminars, workshops, symposia, publications, etc.
- Advise ASLA, through the PPN Council, of changing needs in the specialized areas of therapeutic garden design.
- Increase the visibility of design professionals and healthcare professionals practicing in design and/or development of therapeutic gardens.
- Monitor and respond to legislation on specific issues to positively effect changes regarding the design and development of therapeutic gardens.
- Provide a channel of communication for PPN members to promote and lend credibility to information they generate.
- Develop/communicate state-of-the-art therapeutic garden practices, and distribute research/information relating to shared professional interests.
- Set standards for therapeutic gardens to assist practitioners and benefit users of these gardens.
- Distribute current information on therapeutic gardens to PPN members and related associations and organizations.
- Develop an advisory board of knowledgeable therapeutic garden professionals.
We welcome new members. This is a group of people dedicated to increasing awareness of the importance of therapeutic gardens. To join the Healthcare and Therapeutic Design PPN, please contact ASLA Member Services at 888-999-ASLA or firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you are looking to become more active and want to share with others, please get in touch with us using the addresses listed on the Leadership