The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) seeks to design a more sustainable, livable, and beautiful world. Landscape architects create city master plans, design ecosystems, develop innovative park projects like the High Line in New York City, roll out bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, and renew residential landscapes. ASLA represents some 15,000 landscape architects in the U.S. and around the world.
ASLA is currently recruiting for a Membership Marketing and Chapter Relations Manager.
The Membership Marketing and Chapter Relations Manager provides support for ASLA chapters and works with the Director, Member and Chapter Services to achieve membership recruitment, engagement and retention goals. This position manages the relationship with chapters and coordinates the Society’s membership recruitment and retention programs. The Manager:
- Assists in creating, planning, and implementing chapter-based and national membership recruitment and retention programs.
- Assists in identifying, creating, planning, and developing new chapter programs and services.
- Serves as staff liaison to 49 chapters, providing support to Chapter Leaders with ASLA services and resources, member recruitment and retention campaigns, and chapter relations.
- Acts as staff liaison in support of Chapter Presidents Council.
- Manages the development and production of the monthly chapter membership email, Membership Minute.
- Manages the development and hosting of the quarterly membership chair conference calls.
- Coordinates chapter leadership visits from association staff and national leaders.
- Coordinates student chapter activities, including ASLA’s presence at LA BASH.
- Manages chapter and student pages on our web site.
- Staffs the ASLA booth at annual trade show and other events.
- Provides backup support for other member services staff as needed.
Experience Required: College graduate; additional training/work experience with iMIS a plus.
Three to five years of experience in membership marketing or chapter relations.
Proficiency in verbal and written communication, organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to balance workload and work under pressure on both short and long term project deadlines. Microsoft Office and iMIS database computer applications; experience with Adobe and basic html programming helpful.
Please send cover letter, resume, 2 writing samples, and a salary requirement (negotiable not accepted) to HRmarketing@asla.org.