To be considered for nomination for elevation to the ASLA Council of Fellows, an individual must:
- Be a current ASLA Full Member or International Member in good standing
- Have achieved at least 10 continuous years of FULL membership at the time of nomination.
- Have demonstrated exceptional contributions over an extended period of time.
- Have made a significant positive impact on the public and the profession.
- Have received recognition for those contributions from multiple sources.
Nominations may be made by the executive committee of a chapter, the executive committee of ASLA, or the executive committee of the Council of Fellows in one of four categories:
Any member of ASLA may recommend another eligible ASLA member for consideration as a nominee to the three groups mentioned above via written documentation highlighting the member’s accomplishments.
The Call for 2015 Nominations is now closed. The 2015 jury will meet May 7-8 in Washington, DC. The 2016 nominations season will open in September 2015. Address any correspondence to:
ASLA Council of Fellows Nominations
Attn: Curt Millay, Corporate Secretary
636 Eye St. NW
Washington, DC 20001
The Investiture Dinner for the 2015 class will be held during the ASLA 2015 Annual Meeting and EXPO in Chicago, Illinois.
- There is no minimum or maximum number of individuals who may be selected by the jury for elevation to the Council of Fellows each year.
- There is no limit to the number of individuals a chapter, the Council of Fellows executive committee, or the ASLA executive committee may nominate each year and nominating more or fewer individuals does not affect the outcome.
- Nominees do not compete with each other for selection. Selection is based solely on professional excellence and outstanding accomplishments as presented in the nominations.
- An individual may be nominated in up to two categories, but two separate nominations must be submitted, one for each category.
- Chapters must adhere to the national eligibility requirements when selecting individuals to nominate and may not impose additional requirements upon potential nominees, such as requiring they be licensed or currently active in the chapter.
- Do not include headshots of the nominees or any other images in the nomination statements, they will be removed before jury review. Images/Powerpoints should be submitted with the Works category only.
- A member may only be nominated for three consecutive years. If not selected during that period, a two-year break is required before the member may be nominated again.
- An initial screening of nomination materials is performed upon receipt at ASLA headquarters. This first review ensures that all eligibility criteria had been followed and all submission requirements have been met. The submitting body will be asked to revise the materials to meet the criteria before the nomination will be considered by the jury.
- When a nominee is selected, ASLA retains possession of all nomination materials and rights to their usage in conjunction with the Council of Fellows program.