Student Collaboration Category
Recognizes: collaborative work by landscape architecture students with students from allied and complementary disciplines, including those in other design fields, business, and the natural and social sciences. Student entries are not required to be built.
Typical entries include: landscape architecture projects that meet the criteria within the categories of General Design, Residential Design, Analysis & Planning, Research, and Communications, brought about through collaborative effort with students from allied and complementary disciplines, including other design fields, business, and the natural and social sciences.
Criteria: Projects submitted in this category must be team projects and must have at least one landscape architecture student as part of the team.
Recognition: The Student Awards jury may each select one Award of Excellence and any number of Honor Awards in this category.
Student Collaboration Award Rules and Entry Instructions
- Projects submitted in this category must be student team projects and must have at least one landscape architecture student as part of the team.
- Projects must meet the criteria within the categories of General Design, Residential Design, Analysis & Planning, Research, and Communications, brought about through collaborative effort with students from allied and complementary disciplines, including other design fields, business, and the natural and social sciences.
Student Collaboration Award Entry Instructions
- All submission materials must fit into the official entry binder provided by ASLA. The binder contains 24 views in 8.5” x 11” format. The jury will not consider any items that are oversized or behind other items. Additional material not included in the binder views will be discarded.
- Entries in this category must conceal the identities of the school and the students responsible for the project. This information should be listed on the Identification and Credit Form for the appropriate category.
- Entrants are responsible for clearing photographs with photographers for publication and reproduction by ASLA. ASLA will provide proper photography credit when using photos, but will not assume responsibility for any copyrights or photography fees.
- Binder covers may not be altered in any manner.
Entry binders must contain the following items:
To download and edit forms:
- Descriptive Data Summary: Complete the form for the category under which the team is submitting:
Mark the "Student Collaborative Team" choice. Place the pages so that they show as the first views of the Entry Binder.
- Role of Landscape Architecture Student(s). Please describe on one page or less the specific contributions made by the landscape architecture student(s) to the success of this project.
- Drawings and Photographs:
- Please submit at least five (5), but no more than fifteen (15), total drawings and/or photographs, in both hard copy and electronically on a CD-ROM (see details below).
- Hard copy drawings and photographs must be 8” x 10” in either landscape or portrait format. No collages or smaller format photos will be considered.
- Descriptions of Drawings and Photographs: On a separate, one-page, typed sheet, please provide one or two sentences describing each drawing and photo. Place the sheet in the view immediately following the photos in the Entry Binder.
- Concealed Identification and Credit Form: Complete the Student Collaboration Concealed Identification and Credit Form for the category under which the team is submitting and attach to the front cover of the Entry Binder with a paperclip (please do not staple).
- Copy of Submission on CD-ROM [required]:
- Save all Entry Binder contents on an IBM-compatible CD-ROM. The Descriptive Data Summary, descriptions of drawings and photographs, and Concealed Identification and Credit form should be saved in a word processing application (such as rich text format, MS Word, WordPerfect, WordPad, etc.).
- Photographs and drawings must be stored in JPEG format and the dimensions should be 3000 pixels x 2400 pixels, at a minimum of 300 ppi (pixels per inch). Label each image with your Entry Binder number and the number of the image. For example, if your entry number is “123,” you will label your JPEG files as 123-01, 123-02, 123-03, and so on.
- Please label the CD-ROM jewel case with your Entry Binder number and secure the CD-ROM in the pocket inside the front cover of the Entry Binder.
- Place cursor over highlighted link;
- Right click on mouse to show menu of options;
- Click “Save Link/Target As” and save to your hard drive (under a name and place you can easily find);
- Open with word processing application (MS Word, WordPerfect, WordPad, etc.)
Back to Top^