Deadline Approaching for Council of Fellows Nominations
• Be a current ASLA Full Member or International Member in good standing
• Have achieved at least 10 continuous years of Full or International membership at the time of nomination
• Have demonstrated exceptional contributions over an extended period of time
• Have made a significant positive impact on the public and the profession beyond their local area
• Have received national recognition for those contributions from multiple sources.
To make a recommendation, you must contact one of three nominating groups:
• The executive committee from the candidate’s chapter
• The executive committee of ASLA
• The executive committee of the Council of Fellows (COF).
To identify and contact chapter executive committees, visit the Chapter Leadership section of the ASLA website.
There are four nomination categories (an individual may be nominated in two categories, but separate nominations must be prepared for each category):
– Exceptional accomplishments in planning and/or design
– Mastery of the art, stewardship, and social responsibility
– Outstanding quality and significant impact on public and profession.
– Sustained exceptional accomplishments
– Influence and impact of work
– Personal leadership role.
– Creation of significant new knowledge to advance the profession
– Communication of knowledge with exceptional effect
– Exceptional contributions sustained over time
– Public role in advancing education and the profession.
– Exceptional volunteer accomplishments
– Record of inspiring service activity
– Activities that contribute to the advancement of the profession
– Public recognition of the profession.
Nominations for 2017 must be submitted online no later than close of business on Friday, January 20, 2017. Guidelines, forms, and templates for submission can be found here.
For more information, visit the website or contact Curt Millay, corporate secretary, 202-216-2340, firstname.lastname@example.org.