WASHINGTON, October 13, 2006– The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) has inducted 31 landscape architects to its Council of Fellows, a designation that acknowledges extraordinary work, leadership, knowledge, and service to the landscape architecture profession over a sustained period of time. It is one of the highest honors ASLA may confer upon a landscape architect. The new Fellows were formally inducted during the ASLA Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, Minn., on Saturday, October 7, 2006. Fellowship is indicated by use of the suffix “FASLA” after a member’s name.
Fellows are nominated in one of four categories: works of landscape architecture; administrative work; knowledge; and service to the profession. This year, 21 chapters are represented, with the Maryland and Massachusetts Chapters each boasting three new Fellows.
The 31 members of the 2006 Class of Fellows include:
- Charles B. Adams, FASLA, Maryland State Highway Administration, Baltimore, Md.
- Leo Alvarez, FASLA, EDAW, Inc., Atlanta, Ga.
- Charles M. Anderson, FASLA, Charles Anderson Landscape Architecture, Seattle, Wash.
- William Lee Behnke, FASLA, Behnke Associates, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio
- Thomas L. Berger, FASLA, The Berger Partnership, P.S., Seattle, Wash.
- Pamela Burton, FASLA, Pamela Burton & Company, Santa Monica, Calif.
- Ethan Carr, FASLA, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Mass.
- Susan Clopton Case, FASLA, Case & Associates, Madison, Miss.
- Sheila M. Condon, FASLA, Clark Condon Associates, Inc., Houston, Texas
- Chip Crawford, FASLA, The HOK Planning Group, St. Louis, Mo.
- Jon F. Crose, FASLA, RDG Planning & Design, Des Moines, Iowa
- Robert R. Grist, FASLA, University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
- Conrad Hamerman, FASLA, Conrad Hamerman, Landscape Architect, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Tom Hazlett, FASLA, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich.
- Mary Margaret Jones, FASLA, Hargreaves Associates, San Francisco, Calif.
- Raymond Jungles, FASLA, Raymond Jungles, Inc., Miami, Fla.
- Kenneth Kay, FASLA, Ken Kay Associates, San Francisco, Calif.
- Steven D. Livingston, FASLA, City of Charleston Department of Parks, Charleston, S.C.
- Dennis C. McGlade, FASLA, Olin Partnership, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Craig Meyer, FASLA, HOK Sport Venue Event, Kansas City, Mo.
- John H. Nicolaus, FASLA, The HLA Group, Landscape Architects & Planners, Inc., Sacramento, Calif.
- Pearse O'Doherty, FASLA, O'Doherty Group Landscape Architecture, P.C., Annapolis, Md.
- Cecelia Paine, FASLA, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
- Stephen P.C. Plunkard, FASLA, Dufrense-Henry, North Springfield, Vt.
- Mark William Rios, FASLA, Rios Clementi Hale Studios, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Scott Jon Rykiel, FASLA, Mahan Rykiel Association Inc., Baltimore, Md.
- Peter Lindsay Schaudt, FASLA, Peter Lindsay Schaudt Landscape Architecture, Inc., Chicago, Ill.
- James K. Tiller, FASLA, J. K. Tiller Associates, Inc., Bluffton, S.C.
- Alan L. Ward, FASLA, Sasaki Associates, Inc., Watertown, Mass.
- Lee Weintraub, FASLA, Lee Weintraub Landscape Architecture, LLC, Yonkers, N.Y.
- Lynn Wolff, FASLA, Copley Wolff Design Group, Inc., Boston, Mass.
For more information on the Council of Fellows and this year’s class, visit: https://www.asla.org/members/fasla_2006.htm