1. He was born in Morganza, Louisiana, a small village near the Mississippi River with a population of 659.
2. He grew up in New Orleans and graduated from Louisiana State University with his B.L.A. degree in landscape architecture in 1975. He then graduated from Harvard University with his M.L.A. degree in landscape architecture.
3. He served as president of ASLA (2007-2008). He also became a Fellow of ASLA in 1995 and received the ASLA President's Medal in 2012.
4. He is the coordinator of the landscape architecture program at North Carolina A&T State University in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Source: Perry Howard
5. He focused on residential communities during his years of practice at EDSA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
6. He likes to eat seafood.
7. His favorite season is spring.
Source: North Carolina A&T State University
Sources: Wikipedia, The HistoryMakers, ASLA