Call for Entries: Holcim Awards for Sustainable Construction Projects
7/1/2013 - 3/24/2014
Competitions / Awards
The 4th International Holcim Awards competition celebrates projects and visions that contribute to a more sustainable built environment and features total prize money of $2 million.
The competition is open for projects in architecture, building and civil engineering, landscape and urban design, materials, products and construction technologies that contribute to the five “target issues” for sustainable construction. The competition has two categories with different requirements.
Holcim Awards (main category)
- Project has reached an advanced stage of design with high probability of execution
- Execution of the project may not have started before July 1, 2013
- All authors must be at least 18 years of age (date of birth March 24, 1996 or earlier).
"Next Generation" (young professionals and students category)
- Visionary projects and bold ideas
- All authors must be between 18 and 30 years of age (date of birth between July 2, 1982 and March 24, 1996)
- Execution of the project may not have started before July 1, 2013.
Renowned technical universities lead the independent juries in five regions of the world. They evaluate entries against the “target issues” for sustainable construction.