ASLA SELECTS 31 MEMBERS FOR
THE COUNCIL OF FELLOWS
WASHINGTON, DC, April 3, 2006---The American Society of Landscape
Architects (ASLA) has announced the selection of 31 members
for induction into its Council of Fellows, among the highest
honors the Society confers each year.
Members of the ASLA Council of Fellows are recognized for
their extraordinary work, leadership, knowledge, and service
to the profession over a sustained period of time. The new
Fellows will be formally inducted during the ASLA Annual Meeting
in Minneapolis on Saturday, October 7, 2006, and will thereafter
use the suffix “FASLA” after their names, denoting
recognition of their achievements by their peers.
- Charles B. Adams, ASLA, Maryland State Highway Administration,
- Leonardo Alvarez, ASLA, EDAW, Inc., Atlanta, Ga.
- Charles M. Anderson, ASLA, Charles Anderson Landscape
Architecture, Seattle, Wash.
- William Lee Behnke, ASLA, Behnke Associates, Inc., Cleveland,
- Thomas L. Berger, ASLA, The Berger Partnership, P.S.,
- Pamela Burton, ASLA, Pamela Burton & Company, Santa
- Ethan Carr, ASLA, University of Massachusetts, Amherst,
- Susan Clopton Case, ASLA, Case & Associates, Madison,
- Sheila M. Condon, ASLA, Clark Condon Associates, Inc.,
- Chip Crawford, ASLA, The HOK Planning Group, St. Louis,
- Jon F. Crose, ASLA, RDG Planning & Design, Des Moines,
- Robert R. Grist, ASLA, University of Florida, Gainesville,
- Conrad Hamerman, ASLA, Conrad Hamerman, Landscape Architect,
- Tom Hazlett, ASLA, Michigan State University, East Lansing,
- Mary Margaret Jones, ASLA, Hargreaves Associates, San
- Raymond Jungles, ASLA, Raymond Jungles, Inc., Miami,
- Kenneth Kay, ASLA, Ken Kay Associates, San Francisco,
- Steven D. Livingston, ASLA, City of Charleston Department
of Parks, Charleston, S.C.
- Dennis C. McGlade, ASLA, Olin Partnership, Philadelphia,
- Craig Meyer, ASLA, HOK Sport Venue Event, Kansas City,
- John H. Nicolaus, ASLA, The HLA Group, Landscape Architects
& Planners, Inc., Sacramento, Calif.
- Pearse O'Doherty, ASLA, O'Doherty Group Landscape Architecture,
P.C., Annapolis, Md.
- Cecelia Paine, ASLA, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
- Stephen P.C. Plunkard, ASLA, Dufrense-Henry, North Springfield,
- Mark William Rios, ASLA, Rios Clementi Hale Studios,
Los Angeles, Calif.
- Scott Jon Rykiel, ASLA, Mahan Rykiel Association Inc.,
- Peter Lindsay Schaudt, ASLA, Peter Lindsay Schaudt Landscape
Architecture, Inc., Chicago, Ill.
- James K. Tiller, ASLA, J. K. Tiller Associates, Inc.,
- Alan L. Ward, ASLA, Sasaki Associates, Inc., Watertown,
- Lee Weintraub, ASLA, Lee Weintraub Landscape Architecture,
LLC, Yonkers, N.Y.
- Lynn Wolff, ASLA, Copley Wolff Design Group, Inc., Boston,
Founded in 1899, ASLA is the national professional association
for landscape architects, representing more than 16,200 members
in 48 professional chapters and 68 student chapters. Landscape
architecture is a comprehensive discipline of land analysis,
planning, design, management, preservation, and rehabilitation.
ASLA promotes the landscape architecture profession and advances
the practice through advocacy, education, communication, and
fellowship. Members of the Society use their “ASLA”
suffix after their names to denote membership and their commitment
to the highest ethical standards of the profession. Learn
more about landscape architecture online at www.asla.org.
# # #