2014 Awards Call for Entries Now Open
Outstanding juries named for professional and student Awards programs.
The American Society of Landscape Architects has released its Call for Entries for the 2014 professional and student awards, the premier awards programs for the profession. Award recipients will receive featured coverage in the October issue of Landscape Architecture Magazine and in many other design and construction industry and general-interest media.
The prestige of the ASLA awards programs relies on the high-caliber juries that are convened each year to review submissions. Members of this year’s professional awards jury are:
• James Burnett, FASLA, Office of James Burnett, Solana Beach, Calif., Jury Chair
• Catherine Barner, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, San Francisco
• Alain DeVergie, FASLA, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C.
• Kona Gray, ASLA, EDSA, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
• David Hocker, ASLA, Hocker Design Group, Dallas
• Keith LeBlanc, FASLA, Keith LeBlanc Landscape Architecture, Boston
• Anne Raver, Journalist, Reisterstown, Md.
• Jerry van Eyck, ASLA, !melk, New York City
• Thaisa Way, ASLA, University of Washington, Seattle.
Members of the student awards jury are:
• Gina Ford, ASLA, Sasaki, Watertown, Mass., Jury Chair
• Rebecca Barnes, FAIA, University of Washington, Seattle
• Sandra Y. Clinton, FASLA, Clinton & Associates, Hyattsville, Md.
• Bernard Dahl, FASLA, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind.
• Christian Gabriel, ASLA, U.S. General Services Administration, Washington, D.C.
• Eric Kramer, ASLA, Reed Hilderbrand, Watertown, Mass.
• Willett Moss, ASLA, CMG Landscape Architecture, San Francisco
• Brian Sawyer, ASLA, Sawyer/Berson, New York City
• Dennis Carmichael, FASLA, Parker Rodriguez, Alexandria, Va.
Both the ASLA Professional and Student awards feature five categories: General Design; Residential Design; Analysis and Planning; Communications; and Research. The Professional Awards also include The Landmark Award, while the Student Awards include the Student Community Service Award and Student Collaboration categories.
Entry forms and payment must be received by:
• March 7, 2014 for ASLA Professional Awards
• April 25, 2014 for ASLA Student Awards.
Submission binders must be received by:
• March 21, 2014 for ASLA Professional Awards
• May 9, 2014 for ASLA Student Awards.
In need of inspiration? View the ASLA 2013 professional and student award-winning projects.