Reminder: Election Period for 2014 ASLA President-Elect is Now Open
Voting closes next Wednesday, May 29, 11:59 pm PDT. Cast your vote now for ASLA’s future leadership.
For your information and reference, following are some particulars about this year’s general election for ASLA president-elect:
• This year’s candidates for president-elect are Dick Zweifel, FASLA, and Vaughn Rinner, ASLA.
• The election is open today, Monday, April 29, with the broadcast email message being sent to 11,236 eligible voters pasted below. Votes can be cast either online or by paper ballot. (The paper ballot package was mailed on April 29.)
• The election will close at midnight PDT, Wednesday, May 29. Results will be announced about two weeks thereafter.
• The election is being conducted by Survey and Ballot Systems, Inc. (SBS) of Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
• The link to the online voting site, also on ASLA’s home page, is https://www.directvote.net/ASLA/. Candidate information is available within the online ballot.
• Eligible voters who didn’t receive, don’t know, or have lost their login (which is their ASLA member number) and passcode (which is the unique “e-signature” assigned to each voter by SBS) should be referred to the online voting site at https://www.directvote.net/ASLA/. There they can submit a request to SBS to email the information to them. N.B.: The email address to which they ask SBS to send their login and passcode must match their email address on record with ASLA.
• All ballots, whether electronic or paper, are coded to the individual voter. If a member submits both an electronic and a paper ballot, only the first ballot received will be counted and the second will be disqualified.
• For technical support and election-related questions, voters should be referred to SBS at 952-974-2339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For other questions, voters will be instructed by SBS to contact us at 888-999-ASLA or membership@ASLA.org.
• The last email voting reminder will be broadcast on Friday, May 24, to those who have not yet voted.