Student Collaboration Category
Recognizes: collaborative work by landscape architecture students with students from allied and complementary disciplines, including those in other design fields, business, and the natural and social sciences. Student entries are not required to be built.
Typical entries include: landscape architecture projects that meet the criteria within the categories of General Design, Residential Design, Analysis & Planning, Research, and Communications, brought about through collaborative effort among students from landscape architecture programs and allied and complementary disciplines, including other design fields, business, and the natural and social sciences.
Criteria: Projects submitted in this category must be team projects and must have at least one landscape architecture student as part of the team.
Recognition: The Student Awards jury may each select one Award of Excellence and any number of Honor Awards in this category.
Student Collaboration Category Entry Instructions
Entrants in this category will submit:
- A completed official Entry Binder
- A completed Concealed Identification and Credit Form
- A CD-ROM containing the contents of the official Entry Binder and Concealed Identification and Credit Form in electronic format.
Official Entry Binder
Upon receipt of entry form and payment (if applicable), ASLA will issue an official, numbered entry binder. All submission materials must fit into this binder, which contains 24 page views in an 8.5” x 11” format. The jury will not consider any material that is oversized, behind other items, or submitted outside the binder. Materials in the binder must not reveal the names of the entrant and/or students, advisors, schools, photographers, etc. Use an easily readable typeface, such as Times Roman, Garamond, or Arial, no smaller than 10-point size, for all text. Binder covers may not be altered in any manner.
Entry binders in the Student Collaboration Category must contain the following items:
1. Descriptive Data Summary: The first two (2) views of the Entry Binder must include a descriptive data summary of up to two (2) typed pages.
- Identification: At the top of the first page, list the following information in this order:
- Entry Number and Project Title
- Project Type (park, residence, memorial, research, etc.)
- Project Statement: In 75 words or less, describe the project and why it is award-worthy. This statement may be used in promotional materials if the project is selected for an award.
- Project Narrative: Addressing the criteria for the Student Collaboration category, describe the project and the collaboration among team members. Pay particular attention to describing the role of the landscape architecture student(s), how landscape architecture contributed to the success of the project, what the landscape architecture student(s) learned from the other field(s) of study, and vice versa.
2. Team Description: Without identifying the team members by name, identify each team member by field of study, level of study (undergraduate, graduate, or second professional degree), and what responsibilities they had for the project.
3. Images: Include at least five (5) but no more than fifteen (15) total images of the project. Images must be 8.5” x 11” format, portrait or landscape orientation. Brief captions of no more than 40 words each may be placed on each photo page or listed in order on a single sheet in the binder at the beginning of the drawings/photos section. Entrants are responsible for clearing photographs with photographers for publication and reproduction by ASLA. ASLA will provide proper photography credit when using photos, but will not assume responsibility for any copyrights or photography fees. ASLA retains the right to publish photos submitted in winning entries in Landscape Architecture magazine, on the ASLA web site, and in promoting the awards program.
Concealed Identification and Credit Form
Please list all project credits on the Concealed Identification and Credit Form. Right click and “Save Link/Target As” and open with word processing application (MS Word, WordPerfect, WordPad, etc.).
The CD-ROM must contain the contents of the official entry binder and the Concealed Identification and Credit form as submitted to the awards program. Text documents must be in a word processing application (such as rich text format, MS Word, WordPerfect, WordPad). Photographs and drawings must be in .jpg format and the dimensions should be 3000 pixels x 2400 pixels, at a minimum of 300 ppi (pixels per inch). Label each image with the entry number and the number of the image. For example, if the entry number is “123,” label the .jpg files as 123-01, 123-02, 123-03, and so on. Please label the CD-ROM jewel case with the entry number.
Back to Top^