Landscape architects lead the stewardship, planning, and design of our built and natural environments. The Society's mission is to advance landscape architecture through advocacy, communication, education, and fellowship. The following strategic objectives should be viewed in the context of that overarching commitment to stewardship and sustainability.
Advocacy and Awareness
Member Services and Support
- Provide educational opportunities and technical and information resources to support the diverse professional needs of ASLA members and enable members to expand their knowledge and skills.
- Provide support and training to ASLA chapters and chapter leaders to enable the chapters to better support, serve, and advocate for the members.
- Provide networking and fellowship opportunities to foster information exchange in support of members and their practices.
- Produce a high quality magazine that contributes to the profession’s core body of knowledge and enhances the image of the profession.
- Recognize, celebrate, and promote the work and contributions of members through professional awards and honors programs.
Supporting the Future of the Profession
- Raise awareness of landscape architecture as a career option and help recruit a diverse pool of individuals into the profession.
- Support landscape architectural programs; encourage growth of existing programs and establishment of new undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Support the growth and recognition of the profession around the world.
Governance and Management
- Maintain effective lines of communication and information exchange with and among ASLA members, chapters, committees, the Board of Trustees and its Executive Committee, allied organizations, and others.
- Exercise responsible financial management and administrative oversight to ensure effective use of the Society’s resources.
- Identify priorities and objectives that respond to member needs and advance the Society and ensure that programs are managed and implemented in accordance with member- and Board-identified goals.