The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) and its members work to design a more sustainable, livable, and beautiful world. Landscape architects create city master plans, design ecosystems, develop innovative park projects like the High Line in New York City, roll out bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, and renew residential landscapes. ASLA has more than 15,000 members in the U.S. and around the world.
ASLA seeks an Administrator for our Education Programs Department. The education programs administrator will provide administrative support to the education programs director in the planning and coordination of the speaker volunteers for the society’s annual meeting. This position will also provide support administering the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System™ (LA CES) database.
The ASLA Annual Meeting and EXPO is the largest gathering of landscape architecture professional in the world. More than 130 education sessions, field sessions, workshops, and general sessions will be offered throughout the meeting. More than 6,000 landscape architecture professionals and students from across the U.S. and around the world participate, to earn up to 21 professional development hours. The education programs administrator will assist in managing the 400 plus speaker volunteers who deliver these sessions.
Position description highlights:
- Among other responsibilities, manages the LA CES program, including activities of the committees and database. Coordinates LA CES work flow with Communications Senior Manager, including overall governance, and communications with LA CES providers.
- Manages the annual meeting education professional development credentialing submissions to allied organizations, including LA CES, AIA, APA, and USGBC.
- Coordinates speaker volunteer communications including, travel and accommodations for speakers.
- Speaker and LA CES database management, data entry and running reports.
- Coordinates education session descriptions for annual meeting marketing purposes. Collects and distributes annual meeting education session abstracts.
Skills: Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to produce clear written communications and have a clear and courteous telephone manner. Well organized with attention to detail. Database experience desired. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications required. Heavy use of Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge of continuing education and volunteer management preferred. Preferred: Knowledge of landscape architecture, architecture, or engineering.
Requirements: Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in an office environment; knowledge of landscape architecture, architecture, engineering, design, planning, and environmental issues preferred.
B.A. degree required.
Please send your cover letter, resume, at least one writing sample and (must include) a salary requirement.
Apply to: HRadmin@asla.org.