The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) seeks to design a more sustainable, livable, and beautiful world. Landscape architects create city master plans, design ecosystems, develop innovative park projects like the High Line in New York City, roll out bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, and renew residential landscapes. ASLA represents some 16,000 landscape architects in the U.S. and around the world.
The American Society of Landscape Architects is currently recruiting for a part-time (20 hours/week) Education Programs Administrator.
Provides administrative support for the education programs director:
- Coordinates travel and accommodations for speakers. Arranges AV/handouts and other logistical needs in preparation for the annual meeting.
- Supports the education programs director with the volunteer advisory committees.
- Coordinates education session descriptions for annual meeting marketing purposes.
- Collects and distributes annual meeting education session abstracts.
- Manages the annual meeting education session evaluation process, analyzes the results, and reports suggested changes to department director, as needed.
- Provides administrative support for the LA CES program, including activities of the LA CES committees and record keeping.
- Education: BA degree required.
- Skills: Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to produce clear written communications and have a clear and courteous telephone manner. Well organized with attention to detail. Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines. Proficient with Microsoft Office computer applications required.
- Experience: Minimum three years in an office environment; knowledge of office procedures required.
This position is 20 hours per week and includes benefits.
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary history of past 2 positions, salary requirement and a writing sample to HRedprograms@asla.org. No phone calls, principles only.